Around the Borough: Queens
- The Port Authority knew a jet skier was missing and swimming in Jamaica Bay, but didn’t notify JFK security before he hopped the fence and wandered into a terminal two weeks ago.
- A thief was captured on surveillance video stealing two Torah crowns from a Kew Gardens Hills synagogue as congregants prayed upstairs.
- Incumbent State Senator Shirley Huntley listed a bunch of unions as endorsing her in a primary race against James Sanders, Jr. even though the groups said they’re remaining neutral in the race.
- The peacock hanging around Kew Gardens Hills may have originated from nearby John Bowne High School.
- The bathhouse at Riis Park is falling apart, and the New York Times is … oh, you know the rest.
- A ”floating garden” is coming to Long Island City.
- The city is holding a one-day trial of a pedestrian plaza on Newtown Avenue in Astoria.
- Santana is dunzo for the season.