Around the Borough: Queens
- Local Sikhs are in shock after the Wisconsin shooting, and police have increased security at centers around the city. Queens has one of the largest Sikh populations in the country.
- Melinda Katz is planning to run for Borough President.
- Astoria State Sen. Michael Gianaris is crafting a set of bills to give New York the nation’s toughest gun laws.
- Police catch Aqueduct robbery suspect in the Poconos.
- Speaking of the racino, they’re falling short on local job numbers in community, hiring less Queens residents than originally promised.
- Decomposed body found in Richmond Hill home.
- Peter Vallone says Astoria’s lost half of its cops since 2001.
- Party at the city’s only velodrome — in Flushing!
- Stages, Mountains, Water exhibit at the Queens Museum.