Around the Borough: Queens
- Former Assemblyman Jimmy Meng (father of Assemblywoman and congressional candidate Grace) arrested on a federal wire fraud charge and something involving $80,000 in a fruit basket.
- New York earns twice as much from gambling as Nevada (why did I fly to Vegas in March?! I should have gone to Aqueduct.)
- Councilman Halloran references the Holocaust during large soda ban testimony. (!)
- Nice, nice baby: Vanilla Ice — now a home improvement show host -- will renovate a Woodhaven couple’s backyard in an upcoming episode of “The Vanilla Ice Project.”
- Jazz Thursdays return to Forest Hills.
- Open mic tonight at the Laughing Devil.
PLAY ‘EM OFF