Around the Borough: Queens
Councilman Halloran + protester at Million Big Gulp rally.
NEWS + FUN
- Police are looking for a man who robbed banks in Kew Gardens Hills and Jamaica Hills while dressed as a mailman.
- Residents in Forest Hills and Rego Park are bemoaning the lack of free public pools in their area.
- Woodside’s about to see its streets a bit cleaner: Councilman Van Bramer has dedicated council funds to maintaining parts of Woodside and Roosevelt Avenues.
- Councilman Dan Halloran lent some support at the Million Big Gulp rally Monday, saying the proposed ban on large sugary drinks challenged “the principles on which our country was founded.”
- A man who owns 37 houses is holding a contest to make city apartments even smaller.
- Even Dickie V thinks the Johnnies are bound for greatness next year.
- Where to check out free outdoor movies in Queens.
PLAY ‘EM OFF
Busta Rhymes - Touch It Remix