Around the Borough: Queens
-The mayor is pushing a new plan for Willets Pt., with a $500 million proposal by USTA to update Flushing Meadows.
- With so many trucks on Skillman Ave., the Sunnyside Post wonders if it’s become a truck route.
- Hiram Monseratte’s girlfriend says the Queens DA pressured her into charging the ex-Senator with domestic violence, and she plans to sue.
- In Whitestone, a disabled Veteran helps others. “I’m in pain constantly, but I don’t let it stop me.”
- Assemblyman Rory Lancman endorsed by the Daily News in NY6.
- Western Queens may become the Silicon Valley of the east. (This is different than Silicon Alley, which I’m told repeatedly is Manhattan.)
- Mets consider quiet section at Citi Field for autistic children.
-Tonight was the first night of beach flix in Rockaway. Check out the full summer schedule.
- Little kids create an underwater world, displayed at an art exhibit in Jackson Heights.
PLAY ‘EM OFF